Card Parties, Rental-Halls & Meetings
1787 Forties Rd
New Ross, N.S. B0J 2M0
Phone: (902) 689-2000
‘Where Old Friends Meet’
The Forties Community Centre is well-known from the Annapolis Valley through the South Shore for their fantastic community suppers. The Centre itself is a large, clean, modern building and is an excellent facility for any event. The large, well-equipped kitchen and the dedicated team of volunteers, ensure that any supper or event will be of high quality and well worth attending.
The Centre hosts several suppers over the year, featuring a variety of menu choices for St. Patrick’s Day, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas, plus summer strawberry and Blueberry specials. Christmas turkey suppers are served in conjunction with the New Ross Christmas Festival (first weekend in December), with both dinner and supper being available on Saturday and Sunday. This turkey dinner, complete with dressing, cranberry sauce and desert, is guaranteed to leave all guests content and full.
But there is much more than just suppers to attend at the Forties Community Centre. Monthly crib tournaments are held on Sunday afternoons, and card parties on Friday evenings. And there are many special events scheduled, such as Variety Shows and an Oktoberfest dance.
The Centre can be rented for special events, such as weddings, concerts, dinner theatres, business meetings, and when needed, even funeral receptions. As needed, events can include preparing and serving meals, or catering of finger foods and light snacks.
The FCC can be booked by calling Bertha Meister at (902) 689-2565.
A complete schedule of events at the Forties Community Centre can be found below.
- December 6 & 7 -- Christmas Festival - Turkey Dinner & Supper - 11:30-1:30pm & 2:30–4:30pm
- December 14th - With Santa
January – December 2015
- March 15 St Patrick’s Day - Corn beef & Cabbage - 4:30 – 6:00pm
- May 10 Mother’s Day - Roast Chicken - 4:30 – 6:00 pm
- June 14 Father’s Day - Roast Beef - 4:30 – 6:00 pm
- July 05 Strawberry Supper - Sliced ham, a variety of salads - 4:30-6:00pm
- August 9 Blueberry Supper - Chicken and hodge podge - 4:30 - 6:00pm
- September 13 Roast Pork - 4:30 - 6:00pm
- October 12 Thanksgiving Day - Turkey Dinner - 11:30 am – 1:30pm & 2:30-4:30pm
- October 25 Sauerkraut Supper - 4:30 - 6:00pm
- December 5 & 6 - Christmas Festival - Turkey Dinner & Supper - 11:30-1:30pm & 2:30–4:30pm
- December 13 Breakfast with Santa - 8:00 - 11:00 AM
Thank you for your support!